Brain Health Workshop
Practical solutions to optimise your cognitive health, at any age.
Your brain is amazing! It is the master controller of your body, not just with responsibility for your voluntary actions such as moving around, speaking to people and filling in tax returns, but all the basic things that we tend not to think about. Our lungs breathe, our eyes blink and our heart beats – many, many times every minute of each day.
This workshop will show you how to future proof your brain health, and as a result also impact on your overall wellbeing & vitality.
It draws on exciting new research from the US with Prof Dale Bredesen, who is reversing early cognitive decline in 90% of his patients using a combination of good nutrition & lifestyle management, alongside medication. This is good news, because it also means that we can have a strategy for prevention of age related brain degeneration.
Professor Bredesen likens chronic disease to a leaky roof with dozens of holes. No one thing, such as a medication, will fix all the holes and the roof will still leak. But a multi factoral approach seeks to assess the underlying root causes to the pathology of the disease and plug as many holes as possible. Read more about the Bredesen approach here.
Dates: Monday 26 June (full) & Tuesday 11 July
11am – 2:30pm, including lunch
Near High Wycombe
You can read reviews about this workshop when you click through to the booking information.
This workshop is for you if:
- You are interested in aging with good health & vitality
- You want to optimise your current cognitive performance
- You have a family history of dementia or Alzheimer’s
- You have the ApoE4 gene
- A loved one is living with cognitive decline
We will cover:
- Prof Bredesen’s research – how is he achieving his results?
- The pathology of brain degeneration
- ApoE4 – the role of genetics in disease
- Root cause resolution – how to grow a health brain, optimise performance and protect brain cells
- Key issues with the UK diet (the ‘healthy’ segment)
- Introducing your health dashboard
You will be asked to complete a very brief health profile (you do not need to share this info if you don’t want to). Jenny will offer body composition analysis and blood pressure check.
About your workshop leader
Jenny Phillips has been running group nutrition classes since 2010. She is a skilled facilitator and strives to make you feel at ease so that you get the most from the session. She has taken specialised training in the use of diet & lifestyle to reverse cognitive decline and also in Parkinson’s disease, which is also a neurological condition.