This delicious recipe is easy to make, gluten free and packed with protein from ground almonds and eggs. There is natural sweetness from the banana and a small amount of brown sugar. A little bit of what you fancy can indeed do you good. Enjoy!
2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
125g 70% chocolate
2 ripe bananas
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp baking powder
30g cocoa powder
150g ground almonds
200g walnuts, chopped.
One 9 inch square cake tin, lined.
– Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees.
– Cream the butter and syrupor honey together using a wooden spoon or mixer.
– Break the chocolate into a bowl and melt by placing it over a pan of boiling water or place it in a steamer for a few minutes.
– Mash the bananas with the vanilla extract. Beat the eggs in a bowl.
– Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl- almonds, baking powder, cocoa and walnuts.
– Add each of the wet to the dry ingredients, stir to combine well.
– Pour into the lined cake tin and bake for 20- 25 mins or until spongy to the touch.
– Cool and cut into squares before serving.